The L. R. Baggs Anthem SL Classical has all of the essential tools in one complete system. The feather-weight preamp and controls include: volume, mix, phase and a battery check. The mix control blends from the augmented TRU•MIC position to Element pickup only.
The Anthem SL Classical delivers groundbreaking studio mic’d fidelity in a streamlined format with a single volume control. The endpin preamp has all-discrete circuitry for the purest signal and the TRU•MIC is premixed with the Element for optimum performance. The preamp is specifically dialed to capture the unique voice and dynamics of nylon string guitars.
At the heart of the Anthem is a revolutionary microphone engineered to capture a dynamic studio-mic’d sound for any live performance. The TRU•MIC mounts to the underside of the bridge plate and hovers just 3 mm above its surface to take advantage of the PZM or “boundary” effect. This proprietary mounting system, combined with noise cancellation, frees the mic to perform as if it were outside of the guitar in a studio and maintain remarkable feedback suppression for the stage. The result is a balanced frequency response with excellent clarity for the purest sound you have ever heard amplified. TRU•MIC is paired with the Element pickup to provide solidity and punch for low frequencies.
Anthem SL Classical features include:
- No-cut preamp/control unit
- Includes TRU•MIC and Element pickup
- Mix control for mic and pickup settings
- Phase inversion for minimizing feedback
- Master volume
- Mic level control
- Multi-segment battery check
- Battery life: 170 hours, single 9v
- Anthem TRU•MIC carries the majority of the guitars’ frequency range while the Element Pickup carries only the lowest frequencies
- The mic is highly feedback-resistant
- Noise cancelling microphone technology eliminates any annoying honky or boxy qualities from the inside of the guitar
- Mic installs easily on the bridgeplate with peel and stick adhesive
- Mic and pickup levels preset for optimum performance
- Soundhole remote includes volume and mic trim controls
- All discrete pre-contoured endpin preamp with preset crossover
- Element Pickup fits most common string spacings and saddle width
- Comes with battery bag for secure and unobtrusive battery retention
Both the manufacturer’s and our recommendation is to have a qualified guitar tech or luthier perform the installation of the Lyric Classical. We recognize that lots of players work on their guitars and might want to perform this installation. If you are adept with a hand drill, can follow instructions, and carefully consider the mechanical factors that can affect performance, you can successfully install this system in your guitar.
L.R. Baggs does not provide technical support for home/hobbyist installs. While Marfione Guitars can provide technical assistance, warranty coverage is only honored for installs performed by authorized L.R. Baggs dealers.
|Model||L. R. Baggs Anthem SL Classical|
|Size/Type||Capsule Microphone, internal soundboard mount, Element undersaddel pickup|
|Preamp||Active, endpin preamp included. Nine volt battery required.|
|Controls||Soundhole volume control, mic trim control|
|Installation||Professional installation recommended by manufacturer. Professional installation available for instruments and pickups purchased from Marfione Guitars|